keskiviikkona, tammikuuta 17, 2007

Isät TV-sarjoissa

Idiocy Is Gender Neutral:
I like men. But more than that, most of my experiences with men have been positive. I had a close relationship with my father. The majority of my ex boyfriends were nice guys who treated me well. My husband and my brother are my two best friends.

I guess that’s why I can’t get on board with all this male bashing that’s becoming quite popular nowadays. Normally, I would never recommend this, but turn on your TV for a minute.

Everybody Loves Raymond
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Still Standing
The King of Queens
Home Improvement

What do all these televisions shows have in common? The Father figure in every one is a dolt, a hopeless baboon, a selfish jerk and a moron. If not for their fiscally responsible, shining examples of exemplary parenting, and brilliantly balanced wives, the family would certainty implode. Oh, give me a fucking break.
Kommentit kirjoitukseen. Lisää.

2 kommenttia:

Pekka Eskimo kirjoitti...

Mielestäni ilmiössä on kyse ennemminkin voittopuolisesti miehisen kirjoittajiston kykenemättömyydestä nähdä naisia inhimillisinä. Miehet osaavat kirjoittaa vain hauskoja ja tosia mieshenkilöitä. Onhan Simpsoneissakin mieshenkilöt paljon rakastettavampia.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Swedish government bans science on gender differences

http://blogs.salon.com/0001561/2005/02/12.html#a6795